Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Housekeeping

I HATE housekeeping. Even as I'm writing the words, I feel compelled to confess that it is 4:00 in the afternoon, my hubby will be home soon, two of the four children are screaming in the play room, and our breakfast dishes are still on the table. That being said, this is a "housekeeping blog": I'm cleaning up the mess I've made, and I'm adding a few new elements!

First of all, for those you keeping track I did not make my goal of posting blogs twice a week until my birthday. I'm afraid that day has come and gone, and I've only managed the occasional weekly posting. Oh well, what can I say? I can't even get the breakfast dishes off my table, so I probably shouldn't have set my expectations so high. (More about that later...) But my plain white "Minima" template was depressing, so as a compromise I downloaded a free Cutest Blog on the Block background. Hope you like it! The jury is still out for me, but I figure it's a start in the right direction.

Second, you probably noticed the Praying for Stellan button I added on the right side of this page. I'm sure that most of you are already familiar with this sweet child's story, but for those of you who aren't, I want you take a moment to meet 5 month old Stellan. I have been reading his mother's blog for months at mycharmingkids.net (which you'll notice I just added to my reading list on the right). She is also a mother of four young children, so I feel a special bond with this mom, whose youngest child Stellan was recently hospitalized for a very serious heart condition. If you feel so led, please check out her site and say a prayer for this little guy. I know his mom would appreciate it.

Third, in answer to the high demand following my last post, here are a couple of before and after pics from last weekend's hair massacre:



This is a picture of Emily just prior to her professional cut. You can't really tell how bad it is from the picture, but essentially the whole left, front side of her hair is gone. Miss Kim couldn't do much with that side. Even with her new haircut, it will take a few months for both sides to be even. But hey, the asymmetrical thing is back, right?


And here's a picture of the twins at today's pre-school Easter party. Short hair wasn't a part of my summer plans, but I think it turned out really cute! (See what I mean about Emily's hair being shorter on the left, though?) A friend advised me to stick a big bow on each of their heads and go for it - and I think I will!

Finally, I have to tell you that I've spent the last month gathering PLENTY of blog material. (Translation: Wow, my kids have been bad lately.) I'm dying to get it all down in writing: 1) because I really need the practice, and 2) because I want to have something to show for all those bad days! However, I'm doing calligraphy on 140 wedding invitations, and I owe a friend the four drapery panels I've been promising her for months. I hoping to be around, but if I'm not, I just wanted you all to know that I still love writing and will continue to plug along as time (hahahahahahahahaha) permits.

In the meantime, if you need a good laugh, this is how Emily looked when we went shopping for shoes yesterday:


Thanks for reading!!!

11 comments:

ermaloff said...

Funny, another blog (cfhusband.blogspot.com) I read asked for prayers for Stellan recently.

danielle

MindyMac said...

I love the new look!!!!! And for the record, I HATE cleaning up dishes after a meal! I don't know what it is, but I can't stand it. It is my most hated chore! And the twins look absolutely adorable (as always!)

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

LOVE the new blog dress! I have got to do that myself! And the twins - oh, my goodness - they are the cutest things! Love the sunglasses! Linda/Lily

Surviving 4 said...

By the way - those are swim goggles Emily is wearing. Can't get them off her little face these days. She's probably using them to protect her eyes - haha :-)

Heather said...

get the BOW in the hair ASAP :) the bigger the better babes :) :) :) :)

always look forward to your blogs.

xo
HH

Jennifer said...

Hi, You don't know me but Marianne Petty (a friend from college) mentioned your blog to me. I have four kids ages 5, 3 and 18-month old twins. And they all start with "E". . . I think we might have a lot in common:) Check out my blog at www.vanzantefourfun.blogspot.com
Jennifer

Jenny said...

I love the new blog look! How fun! I miss you terribly already and just love the new haircuts for the girls (although you did a masterful job of disguising Ella's new "do"s...) miss you...

Cstargel said...

Love it! What's up with the calligraphy? Are you starting to do that now? I always have brides asking me if I can recommend a calligrapher (I sell wedding invitations) - let me know if you want the business or would like to at least give someone a quote! I would LOVE to recommend you!

Andrea said...

ALWAYS enjoy reading! (Forgive me if I don't let Carl read your blogs...at least not yet.) :) Keep up the good work! You win the award for "my favorite blogger." :)

carrie said...

Forget the window treatments. Clean the dishes!

eilishbilliepatrick said...

I am really glad to visit your blog. I check your blog regular and attempt to take in something from your blog. Much obliged to you and sitting tight for your new post.
House Cleaning Services in Chennai
Elder Care in Chennai